Sunday, August 24, 2014

Goodbye USA, Bonjour France!

     It's been a little over two years since my last post, and now it's time for another adventure, in arguably the grandest of my life thus far. The last trip was a three week whirlwind, and I'm so excited to see what these next ten months will bring. I expect to be challenged in many ways but that's the beauty of travel and expanding your horizons. I've been talking about doing this for so long that it seems surreal that it's finally here. I've been sitting and reflecting about the last couple of weeks (or months or years really) leading up to this trip, and while there's been stress, worry, fear, and even some doubt about all the steps to get to this point, I've never for one second felt that this wasn't the right decision for me.
     Saying goodbye to everyone was difficult but it was a wonderful reminder of how blessed I am to be surrounded and loved by so many phenomenal, supportive people. Sitting at the terminal waiting to board my flight, I feel incredibly at peace and all of the stress and worry has disappeared for the time being; just when I thought it would hit an all time high. I know that this is partly because I'm exactly where I need to be at this point, but it's largely due to all of the love and prayers being sent my way.  I thank family, friends, and tribe for that.
     Any who, now that I've been ridiculously sentimental, (I promise I'll be posting things that are much less of a downer)  here's to this new chapter! The French is a work in progress to say the least and navigating to the apartment with about twice my body weight in luggage will be an adventure all it's own, but I for one can't wait! I'll do my best to post fairly regularly to share some highlights from my time in France, and I'm sure some food stories and culinary school geek out moments will frequently join the mix. So, for now, Bon Voyage USA and Viva la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment